Monday, April 16, 2018

Poems I read while on vacation to Utah

The Birth Of A Stone by Kwang-kyu Kim, South Korea, Translated by Brother Anthony

in those deep mountain ravines
I wonder if there are stones
that no one has ever visited?
I went up the mountain
in quest of a stone no one had ever seen
from the remotest of the times

Under ancient pines
on steep pathless slopes
there was a stone
I wonder
how long
this stone all thick with moss
has been
here?

Two thousand years? Two million? Two billion?
No
Not at all
If really till now no one
has ever seen this stone
it is only
here
from now on
This stone
was only born
the moment I first saw it

Far And Close - Gu Cheng, translated by Edward Morin

You
Look a while at me,
Look a while at cloud.

I feel
You are far away while looking at me,
So very close while looking at the cloud.



No comments:

Post a Comment